Some time ago, I gave a Day of Recollection for Encourage which is an organisation set up to give support to Catholic homosexuals who wish to live in accord with the teaching of the Catholic Church. The "Plan for Spiritual Growth" is an excellent, positive approach to life.
The goals of Encourage are:
- To live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church's teaching on homosexuality.
- To dedicate our entire lives to Christ through service to others, spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and the Holy Eucharist.
- To foster a spirit of fellowship in which we may share with one another our thoughts and experiences and so ensure that none of us have to face the problems of homosexuality alone.
- To be mindful of the truth that chaste friendships are not only possible but necessary in chaste Christian life - to encourage one another in forming and sustaining them.
- To live lives that may serve as good examples to others.