Burger King blasphemy

The trip to Birmingham involves getting a train from the ghastly Euston Station. I need to have something to eat and the most reliable prospect for this is Burger King. The paper cover that they place on the tray has the following message:

HAVE IT YOUR WAY ®
You have the right to have what you want, exactly when you want it. Because on the menu of life, you are "Today's Special". And tomorrow's. And the day after that. And... well, you get the drift. Yes, that's right. We may be the King, but you my friend, are the almighty ruler.

It would be hard to find a more concise summary of the philosophy that has destroyed British culture, morality and society. I can do what I want because I am the great almighty, nobody can tell me what to do.

I wonder whether this message would be acceptable in small town America. The message is on the UK burger King site. Any American readers seen it over there? Or would the restaurant get picketed?

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible