Honourable mention and cricketing memories

I have been given an honourable mention in the Lapped Catholic Motivational Poster contest and apparently I have won a prize. I have also been invited to apply for membership of the Recusant Cricket Club. Such pleasant things to be waiting for me in my combox on arrival in Rome!

My application for membership of the Recusant Cricket Club will be strengthened, I hope by my not so well known cricketing credentials. I captained the St Mary's Junior School team in the 1968-69 season and the Venerable English College team in the 81-82 and 82-83 seasons (I think). Our team played in a competition organised by the Associazione Italiana di Cricket.

Considering this now, I am happy to think that while students were rioting in Paris and Belgravia, I was opening the bowling at Lloyds Park against other 10-11 year olds in Croydon.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible