Mass at St Peter's

A very enjoyable dinner with friends last night finished a little late. One friend has an apartment with the most amazing view of dome of St Peter's: I'll post a photo when I'm back.

This morning, I went into St Peter's just after it opened. I went to say Mass at the "rush hour". The chierichetto wandered around for a bit before telling me that we would have to look out for an altar where the priest was nearly finished Mass. Eventually he went off to go to school and left me.

I said Mass in the New Rite in Latin with an impropmtu congregation of two nuns and a laywoman. After a cappucino, I went back in, to the Blessed Sacrament Chapel to say some office. The Blessed Sacrament chapel is very well supervised, quiet and prayerful. It also has the most amazing angel statues in perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament as well as the live sisters who kneel before Our Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible