Halloween Mass: priest apologises

Fr Fred Bailey, the priest who celebrated the Halloween Mass, has sent a letter ot Bishop Brown apologising for his lapse of judgement. You can read the full text of the letter at the Cafeteria is Closed post: Halloween Mass priest apologizes. The letter concludes:
I realize that my pastoral neglect and lack of prudent judgment has caused great concern and offense to many in the Church. I have given my life as a priest to the Church of the Diocese of Orange and it causes me great pain to realize that my lapse in judgment could so easily transform a wonderful family tradition into something questionable and repugnant to people of good faith. From my heart I apologize to you and to the larger community of the faithful for my pastoral neglect. I await your counsel and assistance in determining an appropriate manner of making amends for this matter.
Personally, I am grateful to Fr Fred and admire his sense of duty in defending the laity involved and accepting responsibility as pastor. Please remember him and his parish in your prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible