Westminster Cathedral blog

The new blog from Westminster Cathedral is called Solomon, I Have Surpassed Thee. It starts on a controversial note by stating at the top of the sidebar that Westminster Cathedral is "the Mother Church of the Roman Catholic community in England and Wales." As a Southwark priest, I think I want to start rolling up my sleeves.

But let's not be churlish. Westminster Cathedral is indeed an extraordinary house of God and they do a great service to the Church by providing confessions for most of the day, a sung Mass each day and Mass in Latin every day. It is great that Mgr Langham is able to share some more news and pics from the daily life of the Cathedral.

The title is intriguing. "Solomon, I have surpassed thee" is the boast that Justinian made on completion of the Hagia Sophia.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible