"The future of humanity passes by way of the family" and "there is no more efficient way for the rebirth of the society than its rebirth through healthy families" that are faithful to their conjugal and parental vocations.
Such families bring to the world today:
- Faithfulness to the Divine Truth versus relativism;
- Real love, being the complete and impartial gift of oneself versus hedonism;
- Faithfulness in love throughout life versus lack of responsibility toward those closest to us;
- Respect for the life of every human being from conception to natural death versus discrimination against and extermination of the weakest;
- Joyful responsibility for every child-to-be, versus fear of the child expressed in the contraceptive mentality;
- A moral community in which young generations can grow versus false ideologies propagating demoralization;
- And, last but not least, the "springtime" of a civilization of love and life versus "demographic winter."
3 (Familiaris consortio, 86).
4 Speech of the Pope JP II in Szczecin, 11 VI 1987
Thursday, 24 May 2007
Warsaw declaration on the family
Delegates at the fourth World Congress of Families recently held at Warsaw adopted the Warsaw Declaration. Here is an extract: