A loooong sleep has helped a bit and I intend to have another early night tonight in the hope that my immune system can run freely to finish it off and let me get some work done tomorrow.
So it is surely time for a full-on combox with cold remedies. The following have already played their part:
- Six-pack of kleenex tissues. Now finished and well on through a Boots 15-pack.
- Contac 500 decongestant - my personal favourite but defeated earlier today (cf. tissues)
- Nurofen - best over-the-counter painkiller in my estimation
- Boots honey and glycerine pastilles - complete rubbish
- Victory-V lozenges - now that's better! Traditional too.
Further suggestions welcome provided that they do not involve crystals, acupuncture, aromatherapy or reiki :-)
And remember that sound old saying: "You can cure a cold in seven days but it will cure itself in a week."