Baptising Jack

Yesterday I took the train from Waterloo to Poole to visit my sister and her daughter and baptise my relatively new great nephew, Jack David. The Baptism was scheduled in the Church of the Sacred Heart in Bournemouth, just inside the Portsmouth Diocese. The sacristan was most helpful and welcoming and I was impressed by the Victorian Gothic Church which was originally run by the Jesuits. My sister, her husband and her daughter are part of the bell-ringing group at the Church which boasts a rare collection of bells for a Catholic Church. One day, perhaps, I will be able to make another visit, encouraged by my brother-in-law, Chris, to celebrate Mass at the Lady altar:

Naturally, at the Baptism of a baby, it is important that a slightly older sibling is not left out. Lucy is great at singing and dancing and was allowed to perform under the watchful eye of Grandma and Dad:

The adults were treated to Champagne afterwards, courtesy of Jack's Great-Grandfather who is a retired judge. According to a family tradition, this was drunk from delightfully unfashionable glasses inherited from my Mother's side of the family:

But we must include Jack himself, here held by his Dad, James, who, as a professional photographer, probably has some far better photos than mine...

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible