Many priests I spoke to last year spoke of their appreciation for the opportunity to meet other priests from around the country and spend time together at a conference focussing on the Holy Mass which is at the heart of our priestly life.
The LMS offers this list of the main features of this year’s conference:
- two training streams, one for complete beginners
- small training groups of about 5 students to ensure one-to-one tuition
- training in the Low Mass and the Missa Cantata
- training in all the Traditional Sacraments from baptism to funerals, and including Vespers and Benediction
- lectures in Traditional spirituality and the Usus Antiquior in a parish setting; Latin, and the Traditional Calendar
- Daily Mass, Lauds and Vespers – all in the Traditional Rite
- opportunity for all priests to offer their private Masses in the Traditional Rite with a priest ‘guide’
- More accommodation for seminarians.
Priests wishing to attend will be charged £150 which is a generously subsidised fee, covering tuition, board and accommodation. The LMS will meet the remainder of the conference costs.
Julian Chadwick, LMS Chairman, said that the LMS was hoping to make this an annual event so that increasing numbers of priests trained to say the Traditional Rite will be able to take it back to their parishes. He also said:
“The LMS’s aim is to ensure that the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite is freely available in all the dioceses. To this end we will step up our training of priests, seminarians, choirs and servers. We will liaise closely with the bishops and seminary rectors to ensure that all who wish to learn and worship in the Traditional Rite are able to do so.”For further information, please contact John Medlin, General Manager, or James Murphy, LMS Office Manager, on 020 7404 7284; or email email@example.com