Happy Christmas

I wish all of you, dear readers, a happy and blessed Christmas. May the infant Jesus bless you and your families and loved ones.

Getting through the three Masses has been something of a battle since I have a heavy cold, but through the fog of snuffles, spluttering, and coughing, I have enjoyed the beautiful texts that the Church proposes for our meditation in the Sacred Liturgy, and our magnificent repertoire of English Christmas carols. We have been blessed with some wonderful music from the parish choir at Midnight Mass, and a scratch choir for the 9am Mass which harmonised the carols and sang Stille Nacht in German.

I'm now off to visit my sister Mary and her family in Croydon for lunch, good conversation, exchanges of gifts, and some uproarious parlour games.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible