Attempts at arty photo manipulation, and a strange version of Margate rock

Harbour neon sm

With the Turner Contemporary at the harbour, and Tracey Emin as a home-grown celebrity, Margate is establishing a reputation as a mecca for enthusiasts of modern art. This is combined in a quirky mixture with a focus on retro-chic that makes the old town fun. I wondered how I might get into the arty culture, with the trauma of my third form art teacher's report etched on my psyche "Tries hard - but results not good."

So I thought that in the absence of artistic ability, I might use some of the effects filters in Paint Shop Pro. (I use that in preference to paying lots of money for Photoshop, but intend to get to know Gimp better.) Above you can see the harbour on an overcast day, and below is a part of Lombard Street in the old town with the Olde Sweet Shoppe, Beaux Interieurs, and the Lifeboat, one of the many micro-pubs in the area.

Old Town charcoal

A couple of weeks ago, the owner of Kiss me Quick, the seaside gift emporium on the parade, dropped in a sample of some special Margate rock - Chicken Balti flavour. I had a piece. It tasted of Chicken Balti.

IMG_20140928_152115


Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible