Congratulations to Bishop McMahon


Bishop McMahon OP has been appointed as the new Archbishop of Liverpool. (See the report in the Catholic Herald.) Damian Thompson has sometimes been ribbed for getting predictions wrong, so it is only fair to point out that this time, he was right.

Five years ago, I wrote about bishop McMahon's visit to the Latin Mass Society Conference at Merton College, Oxford. (See: English bishop receives standing ovation at traditional liturgy conference) In view of the the current interest in the relationship between Bishops and bloggers, it was interesting to be reminded that on that occasion, Bishop McMahon joked with me about my blog at the evening convivium, told me to keep blogging and said light-heartedly "I want my picture on your blog." (The photos in this post and the previous one are from the Flickr set of Fr Lawrence Lew OP.)

Vespers11

Congratulations to Bishop McMahon. Please keep him in your prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible