New website for Missio


Missio is best known to many Catholics from the Red Box which is kept at home and emptied periodically by the local Missio organiser. We used to refer mainly to the Association for the Propagation of the Faith or APF but now Missio combines the APF, the Society of St Peter the Apostle, Mission Together, and the Pontifical Missionary Union. These are Pontifical Mission Aid Societies under the jurirical oversight of the Holy See.

The founder of the APF was the Venerable Pauline Jaricot. Some readers will know her also from her founding of the Universal Living Rosary Association of St Philomena.

I was alerted to Missio's new website: you can visit there to see the various activities that are undertaken for the spread of the gospel. I remember putting some of my pocket money in the Red Box at home when I was a child and I am glad to continue to support it today in my parish.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible