All for the Lord


I was glad to be able to join some of my brother priests today at the Day of Recollection organised by Opus Dei at Wickenden Manor in Sussex and that the weather was such that I was able to drive there and back. (The photo is a view from the house.) I'll not attempt to summarise the conferences of the kindly Father Frank but will pass on to you just one of the insights that stayed with me.

Whatever we do as priests (and, of course, as lay people too) we should try to do with purity of intention. As a priest I may need to do some paperwork, arrange to fix the roof, catechise some children, or take Holy Communion to someone who is sick. In any of these tasks, I should try to work either in mundane or sacred things so as to please the Lord. God gives us the tasks that we need to do. We should do them for Him and not for ourselves.

After arriving home, I prepared for our evening Mass for the Immaculate Conception. More about that soon.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible