Off to St Cecilia's

DSCF0182


There is something satisfying about travelling the entire length of a railway line. Shortly I will be leaving for Waterloo where I shall take a train to Portsmouth Harbour. The catameran will then take me to Ryde, home of St Cecilia's Abbey, a thriving community of Benedictine nuns who sing the whole office and Mass in Latin every day. Their life is the traditional Benedictine life according to the rule. No surprise that they have a steady stream of vocations. I count a number of old friends among the community and it will be great to see them. Tomorrow morning I will be celebrating Mass for the community - Novus Ordo, entirely in Latin, sung according to the Solesmes conventions about as perfectly as it is possible here on earth.

Here is a photo from a previous visit where I was celebrant for Vespers and Benediction. I think that I did clink the chains.

IOW 077

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible