Failing to keep my young parishioners under control

In the CNS video of the Traditional Pilgrimage to Rome I am disturbed to see one of my younger Blackfen parishioners focussed intently on a Tridentine Pontifical High Mass at the Altar of the Chair at St Peter's:


A few weeks back, on a Latin Mass Society Pilgrimage to Aylesford, his father had to try to capture him to prevent him from running around the Shrine singing the Salve Regina at the top of his voice. But I suppose the roof of St Peters was perhaps less likely to cause distraction to others at their prayers and I understand that you can't keep three-year-olds on the leash all the time. I blame myself ...



I don't know what I am going to do with these children. Only the other week I turned my back for a moment and got emails from Rome showing another two serving Mass for a priest of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei at the Altar of the Transfiguration at St Peter's:


And somehow they turned up at Santissima Trinita dei Pellegrini serving High Mass celebrated by Fr Kramer of the FSSP. Who taught them to do that?


I'm going to have my work cut out persuading these children that all this old traddie stuff puts them off the faith. I mean - look at this girl (another parishioner): she's supposed to be oppressed by the whole elderly Cardinal, Patriarchal Basilica, dead language, facing the wall thing, not gazing in rapture at it. Clearly I need to run a course on Active Participation.



Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

Beachy Head and Lewes

SPUC Clergy information day

Święcone - blessing of Easter food

When people walk away with Holy Communion