Nerves overcome


The Apostolic Nuncio, five Bishops and some very learned clergy are present at the ACCC conference here in Melbourne. I was getting increasingly nervous last night and this morning before the first of the lectures which I am giving. I was speaking about the background, history and aftermath of Vatican II. On the programme I discovered that Bishop Meeking is giving an after-dinner speech this evening on Vatican II. He was there and so knows a lot more than I do about it.

Thanks be to God the talk seemed to have gone down well and I am now feeling a little more relaxed about the remaining talks. Tomorrow I am giving a lecture in the morning called "Vatican II and Trent Compared" - you can add "not contrasted" in brackets. Then in the evening there is the public lecture in  which I am looking at Lumen Gentium and the theology of the Church.

This evening I will get to see some more of Melbourne since I will be walking from Corpus Christi College to the Savage Club for the Conference Dinner.

It is great to meet old friends here and to make new ones. This morning Archbishop Gallagher, the Papal Nuncio, celebrated Mass. I have known him since I was a student in Rome and it is amazing to meet up again in Australia.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible