Pell rumours hotting up


La Ciguena de la Torre and Andrea Tornielli, both of whom have proved right in the past about Vatican appointments, are stating that Cardinal Pell's appointment as Prefect of the Congregation of Bishops has now been decided and will be announced in the coming weeks. If so, I think that is very good news indeed.

Damian Thompson has a quotation from a letter written by Cardinal Pell to the Tablet in 2002
“… I have long been disappointed by The Tablet’s persistent subversions of some Catholic teaching and mystified by the inability of the English bishops to nudge it towards a more productive line of witness …”
On one occasion I happened across Cardinal Pell at St Peter's. I was flattered that he remembered me and said
Tim - remember my advice. Keep your guard up and keep moving round the ring.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

Beachy Head and Lewes

SPUC Clergy information day

Święcone - blessing of Easter food

When people walk away with Holy Communion