Ember Day and a new MC

On the first Saturday of the month, our traditional Mass is sung. One of the important features of the traditional liturgy is that you just do whatever is on the calendar, regardless of any personal preference. So I sang several readings and collects before getting to the epistle. Since I will be singing Mass at St Cecilia's in Ryde in a couple of weeks and they usually use the more ancient tone for the collects, it was a good opportunity for me to get used to this tone which I do not normally use.

One of my young servers was MC for the first time. He has served for a while at the Missa Cantata but did not know the responses. After our lesson the other week, he went home and learnt them so now I have three parish servers under 16 who are competent to MC for the Missa Cantata.

H/T Mulier Fortis for the photo.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible