Ordination and first Masses of John Hunwicke


Many of us have been looking forward eagerly to John Hunwicke's priestly ordination. Deo gratias this will be taking place next week on Wednesday 27 June at 7pm at the Oxford Oratory. I will be assisting at the Mass and one or two of my parishioners are going. Everyone is welcome so if you are in the area, do come.

Here, from Fr Hunwicke's Liturgical Notes is a further announcement:
Please come ... if you are able ... to the event mentioned in the previous post, in Oxford this coming Wednesday, June 27.

I ALSO ANNOUNCE that, Deo volente, I plan to celebrate

First Mass in the Extraordinary Form; London at the Brompton Oratory.
Low Mass, Thursday June 28, 11.30; by kind permission of the Provost.

First Mass in the Ordinary Form; Oxford in the Church of the Holy Rood.
Solemn Vigil Mass of Sunday, Saturday June 30, 6.00, by kind permission of Fr Paul King and Mgr Andrew Burnham. I plan also to preach.

Please! I would love to see as many friends, whether or not we have met in the flesh, as possible.
By the way (and I was corrected on this myself by a friend of Fr Hunwicke) if you have only so far met him virtually, the name is pronounced "Hunnick", the w being silent.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible