The English Martyrs Church, Whalley Range, Manchester is a beautiful English gothic revival Church. It was opened in 1896, but the mosaics of Saints John Fisher and Thomas More on either side of the High Altar were added in the 1930s, in memory of the first parish priest, Father Rowan.
The parish priest Fr Geoffrey Marlor (a fellow-student back in the 1980s at the Venerable English College in Rome) offers Mass according to the usus antiquior at the fine altars in honour of Our Lady and St Joseph.
Last year, one of the former parish priests died, and Fr Marlor is the executor of his estate. There are some items that might be of interest to readers:
1961 Breviary (Pius XII psalter) in good condition- SOLD
- Liber Usualis
- HJ Davies Pastoral and Moral Theology Vols 1, 3, and 4