Frs Boyle & Clark & servers in Rome

Fr Stephen Boyle has just sent me these pictures from the recent trip to Rome that he and Fr James Clark organised. This is an annual pilgrimage to the Eternal City: this year they had 20 servers and six adults from various parishes in the Southwark diocese.

He tells me that they had a "whistlestop tour of the main sites" - Rome is fairly tiring at the best of times but taking 20 teenagers on a whistlestop tour is something else!

I'm glad to thear that they saw the Holy Father very close up and were mentioned at the General Audience. Included in the tour was daily Mass - the first at the Basilica of St Paul outside the Walls and the last near the tomb of St Peter. The general fun atmosphere was helped along by plenty of pizza, pasta, dolce and ice cream. I expect I shall hear more details about the trip since two of my own young relatives were on it.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible