LMS Conference

IMG_9699Congratulations to the Latin Mass Society for organising such a great Conference on Saturday, and especially to Joe Shaw who chaired it.

Unfortunately, because of my parish schedule, I missed Dr John Rao and Stuart McCullough, and only caught the last part of Fr Z. The parish schedule was the introduction to my own talk which was about the traditional liturgy in the modern parish. The Revd John Hunwicke's talk combined erudition and wit, as you would expect. He received a very warm welcome and prayers for his forthcoming priestly ordination. The panel discussion of questions from those who came was a success, I think, adding an informal and sometimes light-hearted end to the day.

At these occasions I always meet old friends but generally there is someone I have not met before and want to. On Saturday I was pleased to meet for the first time Canon Olivier Meney of the Institute of Christ the King, the Rector of the Shrine Church of Ss Peter and Paul and St Philomena, New Brighton which was opened earlier this year.

Another first meeting was with Fr Michael Mary of the Transalpine Redemptorists, who came to the Conference together with some of the brothers. They also joined us at the Old Explorer afterwards which might have been something new for the lads watching the football. By a great and much-appreciated providence of God, they came down to my parish yesterday and were able to stay afterwards for some pizza. I'm already planning the journey to Papa Stronsay and discussed the options with Brother Martin - I won't take the one that involves driving 679 miles to Thurso as the first leg.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible