SOR demo report

A young woman in my parish told me yesterday in a rather bemused tone that her parents had gone up to London for a demo; "They never go on demos!"

It was, of course, the Rally held to protest against the proposed new Sexual Orientation Regulations. Fr Andrew Pinsent was there, (many thanks to him for the photo), and has commented:
As far as I could tell, most of the protesters at the anti-SOR demonstration were from Evangelical or Pentecostal groups. I saw one Anglican bishop, but I did not see any Catholic clergy I recognized. It is a great pity more Catholics were not there, but apart from a few blogs such as this one there did not seem to be much publicity. It is incredible to me that the legal noose is being drawn around the Church with so little protest. As one banner at the demonstration put it, "Christians wake up!"
Fr Dermot Fenlon of the Birmingham Oratory was also there. The Peniel Pentecostal Church brought along children from their school; there was singing and chanting ("S-O-R. No! No! No!"), meeting of old and new friends. I'll work on a post today to give further information about the SORs themselves and the problems they will create.

The House of Lords voted by 199 to 68 in support of the SOR which are already in force in Northern Ireland. I'll read up Hansard and post some quotes from the debate.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible