"To do" list for Rome

As long-time readers of this blog will know, I like to have a "To do" list when visiting Rome. I am fortunate to have a few days off next week and will be in the Eternal City from Monday evening to Friday afternoon. I always spend lots of time in St Peter's, say Mass there, go to confession there (can be scary but always edifying), visit the tomb of St Peter and try to gain the plenary indulgence, so that item is just a "given".

Here is my list of things to do (not necessarily exhaustive or in order of importance):
  1. Spend the best part of a day in the Vatican museums (not been there for a while)
  2. Make a Pilgrimage to the FSSP Church of San Gregorio
  3. Meet up with Mgr Barreiro at the HLI Rome office (arranged)
  4. Take someone to that excellent restaurant off the Borgo Pio run by the Permanent Deacon
  5. Visit the catacombs of San Callisto (many years since I have done this)
  6. Get myself accredited at the Holy See Press Office (Who knows? Perhaps the much anticipated Motu Proprio may be issued!)
  7. Visit a minor basilica
This time, I am trying out a new route. I have shunned Heathrow Airport for years: the vagueries of the M25 mean that I need to allow three hours to get there by car. However, I have two kind parishioners who have agreed to ferry me to and from North Greenwich station. From there, I go to Green Park on the Jubilee Line and change to the Piccadilly. Total journey time is one hour and a quarter. This also means that I can shun British Airways and fly Alitalia - I expect their employees are allowed to wear a crucifix if they want (unlike at BA) . I'll let you know how I get on.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible