"a serene reception"

Rorate Caeli reports on an interview with Cardinal Bertone in Avvenire, the semi-official newspaper of the Italian Bishops' Conference. Regarding the Motu Proprio liberalising the use of the Traditional Roman Rite, he said:
I believe one will not wait long to see it published. The Pope is personally interested that this should take place. He will explain it in his accompanying letter, expecting a serene reception.
Oh, all right then. I was going to run round with my shirt over my head and my arms in the air shouting "Oleee - Ole Ole Ole - Oleee Oleee!" (as I did at the election of Pope Benedict) but I'll try to celebrate quietly with friends over a bottle of Veuve Cliquot - in serenity.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible