Corpus Christi by the sea

After my morning Mass today, I am off to the Isle of Wight at the invitation of the Island's thriving Latin Mass Society. I will be celebrating the Mass in the Classical Roman Rite for the feast of Corpus Christi this afternoon in the lovely Church of St Mary's in Ryde. It will be good to catch up with the LMS members whom I have met now over several years. St Mary's was built by the Countess of Clare; here is a photo of the Sacred Heart Chapel:

Tomorrow morning I will be singing Mass in Latin (Novus Ordo) at the Benedictine Abbey of St Cecilia. The Mass is sung every day according to the Graduale Romanum, offering a model for the sacred liturgy. After Mass, I will have a chance to see a good friend from Oxford days who was professed in 1984: the same year that I was ordained. Here is a photo from last year of the Abbey Church:

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible