Potato danger at Chislehurst

At St Mary's, Chislehurst today for lunch, I was concerned to see a suspiciously large bowl of potatoes. Fr Briggs assures me that he obtained these at a good price from Sainsburys and that he intends to eat them rather than use them in the Liturgy. I am happy to take him at his word although I wonder whether I should send over some heavies in case a couple of potatoes attempt to muscle in on his traditional Mass this evening as Deacon and Subdeacon.

Before leaving, I was able to play Father the first track of an excellent CD that was lent to me by Chris Strudley: André Isoir playing a collection entitled "L'orgue au Second Empire" (sample) featuring compositions by Lefebure-Wely, Donizetti and others. Very appropriate for the initial burial place of Napoleon III.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible