Poor Clares at Krakow

Continuing the series on my visit to Krakow: the Church of the Poor Clares; one of so many Churches that took my breath away:

Seeing Churches such as this, I always become green with envy and begin to form ideas for improvements to my own parish Church. I was particularly taken with the pulpit here:

As with several other Churches we visited, the confessional seemed to speak of the immediate post-Tridentine reform with a basic arrangement for the anonymity of the penitent, the public placing of the confessional and the liturgical nature of the celebration. This structure seems to have anticipated the Nolan Guidelines:

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

ƚwięcone - blessing of Easter food

Beachy Head and Lewes

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion